Does your company have an innovative idea or solution you want to pilot with Valmet? Are you looking for new business opportunities? Do you need world-class expertise to help you commercialize your idea?
Valmet is running an innovation competition for companies and teams of all sizes, seeking new business related to improving the safety and efficiency of future field services in the energy, pulp and paper industries.
We are looking for ideas that will make future field services easier and safer for workers. The ideas can be related to:
- Condition monitoring and predictive models
- Maintenance tasks
- Inventory management
- Shutdown management
Training field workers:
- Advice, (virtual) assistance, support
- Training systems
The technologies can be related to:
- Remote collaboration, remote presence, VR, AR, MR
- Human augmentation (Human 2.0) with wearables, powered exoskeletons and user interfaces like smart glasses, HoloLens, haptic displays, etc.
- Assisting/semi-autonomous/autonomous systems and tools like robots, drones, overhead cranes, telehandlers
- Image, pattern and speech recognition, natural language comprehension, voice synthesis
- AI in a broad scope, including machine learning, cognitive analytics, expert systems
- IoT and measurement of sound, temperature, acceleration, vibration, air pressure, gas, etc.
- Accurate indoor/outdoor tracking of items
We are looking for solutions that can be commercially implemented in 2018–2021. Ambitious ideas are welcome!
We will give the winners the chance to pilot their solutions with Valmet in a real-life environment, and world-class expertise in the manufacturing industry. We are seeking innovative ideas that make it possible to develop successful collaboration with Valmet into a long-term partnership.
Applicants must be able to clearly describe their idea, including its innovative features, feasibility and the value it could provide for Valmet’s business.
We will choose ten ideas for further development through sparring and collaboration with Valmet’s experts. The teams will then present their ideas to Valmet, who will select three winners.
The Innovation Competition is being held in collaboration with Spinverse.
Apply by sending a description of your idea by April 20, 2018 through this link.
The description should answer the following questions:
- Which need/problem will your idea/proposal solve? What is the significance of the problem (if already known)?
- What is the added value for Valmet?
- How does the idea/solution work? How is it innovative?
- Is the idea/solution feasible? In what timeframe can it be implemented on an industrial scale?
- What is the background of your team? Has the idea/solution been piloted before?
The ideas will be evaluated based on their impact, novelty, technological readiness and the credibility of the applicant, including references and expertise in the subject area.
Joni Turunen, Senior Project Manager, Spinverse
+358 40 1994776, joni.turunen(a)spinverse.com
Mikko J. Salminen, Director, Spinverse
+358 50 387 0007, mikko.salminen(a)spinverse.com
Sonja Lätti, Analyst, Spinverse
+358 50 5117232, sonja.latti(a)spinverse.com
Valmet is the leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. We aim to become the global champion in serving our customers.
Valmet's strong technology offering includes pulp mills, tissue, board and paper production lines, as well as power plants for bioenergy production. Our advanced services and automation solutions improve the reliability and performance of our customers' processes and enhance the effective utilization of raw materials and energy.
Valmet's net sales in 2017 were approximately EUR 3.2 billion. Our more than 12,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers' performance forward – every day. Valmet's head office is in Espoo, Finland and its shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki.
Photo credit: Valmet