Eurostars funding helps to boost innovative R&D consortia projects
Eurostars is a public funding instrument dedicated to innovative, research-driven small and mid-sized enterprises who want to join forces with other like-minded companies. Successful applicants are in for grants worth an average of 1-2 M€ each to boost their civilian projects aimed at developing new products, processes or services. The funding instrument stimulates international collaborative research and innovation projects that will be rapidly commercialised.
At this point in time, we are waiting for the publication of the next cutoff date for the Eurostars funding applications. In the meanwhile, here are some basics on the Eurostars and who can apply. Could your company apply?
Who can apply? Requirements
- The new product, process or service developed has to be ready to be released to the market within 2 years after the project completion.
- The project applications for Eurostars must be submitted by consortia of two to four independent legal entities that are established in at least two different EU countries or associated countries.
- At least one partner should be a research-intensive SME with at least 10% of its employees or budget dedicated to R&D.
- Partners for the project can consist of SMEs, universities and research organisations from any of the programmes’ 36 participating countries (there are some countries from outside Europe).
- The research-intensive SME(s) must take up at least 50 per cent of the project budget.
- The duration of the project should be 12-36 months.
- The new product, process of service to be developed has to be released to the market within 2 years after the project completion.
- Project budget can be 0.5 to 6 M€.
When to apply?
The actual cutoff dates do vary, but the cutoff dates for proposal submission are usually published 2-6 months in advance. We are expecting to hear more about the next deadline in late June after the European Research and Innovation Days 2021. When the information comes, it is advisable to start the preparations as soon as possible!
Would you like Spinverse to help your organisation to apply for funding for your project? Our funding experts can help you to build your project strategy and provide support in finding the right partners for your next project. Contact us today!
Consultant, M.Sc. (Eng.)
Tel. +46 70 844 9760 (SWE), +358 50 528 6197 (FIN)