The CTO of the Year Award 2013 ceremony will take place on the 23rd of January 2013, Aalto Design Factory, Espoo.
The title of “CTO of the Year” is awarded annually to highlight the importance of Chief Technology Officers to the future competitiveness of Finnish companies. The CTO’s role in a company includes acting as a link between customers, technology and other departments in the organisation.
Previous winners of the CTO of the Year award are outstanding Finnish CTOs: the 2012 award went to Petra Lundström, who was CTO at Fortum Corporation at that time, for her extremely strong combination of competence in technology, business and management. The winner of the 2011 CTO award was F-Secure’s CTO Pirkka Palomäki, who has played a major role at F-Secure as it developed into one of the global technology pioneers in the field of data security.
The CTO of the Year Award is given to exceptional technology leaders who meet the following criteria.
The CTO of Year:
- adds significant value to their company’s performance through technology
- communicates their company’s technologies and the benefits they provide to all stakeholders in an understandable manner
- is an inspiring leader and team-builder
- contributing to working groups, associations and other bodies working to advance development of both the industrial sector in which their company operates and society at large
The CTO’s company has:
- a technology-enabled product and service portfolio which is innovative, widely-recognised and globally-competitive
- built a strong community for technological collaboration
- an effective innovation process in which company-wide participation is encouraged
- The CTO contributes to working groups, societies and other bodies working for development of the society at large and his/her industry in general
Assessment of all the above criteria took into account the size of each nominated CTO’s company.
Chairman: Yrjö Neuvo, Spinverse
Mona Grönstrand, TAF
Lars Gädda, Spinverse
Tapani Järvinen, Chairman, Industry Council of Technology Academy Finland
Matti Kleimola, Spinverse
Petra Lundström, 2012 CTO of the Year
Hannele Pohjola, Confederation of Finnish Industries EK