The CTO Forum in Uunisaari gathered Finnish CTOs to discuss hot topical issues, network, and to launch the CTO of the Year 2013 race and the CTO Survey 2013. John Liljelund of AW Energy presented the activities of their innovative SME which utilizes wave energy and are at the moment piloting in Portugal. The event was finished off with networking in a Finnish sauna afterwards.
The topical issues that were brainstormed in work-groups are:
- How should Finnish public funding reform to keep R&D jobs in Finland?
- Open innovation - are we doing it right?
- Does your SME solve a problem or does a problem solve you?
- Resource efficiency and life cycle thinking: how can a CTO drive sustainable growth in a company?
- How should the CTO community develop in Finland?
As a result of the Uunisaari CTO Forum we decided that the theme for the CTO Survey 2013 will be "innovation throughout value chains".